Archives

Friday, November 1, 2013

Have a happy...

It's that time of year when we all start gearing up for Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Chanukah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Christmas (if you're British, anyway) and Happy New Year, to name just a few of the upcoming Happy Holidays!

Yesterday was Happy Halloween, and today is November 1st, Happy All Saint's Day.

But what's that you say? I forgot something?

Oh yeah, right! It's NANOWRIMO!!  This year I hope to actually succeed in writing that 50,000 word novel that's been swimming around in my head. Well, I have two of them swimming around, and I think that's been the hold up. I can't decide which one to write!

Therefore, if you feel so inclined, you can help me choose. On the one hand, I have a follow-up phanfic for "The Phantom of Les Andelys", a "Phantom of the Opera" story that picks up where the 2004 movie left off. If you'd like to read the first story, you can find it on Lulu.com at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/aimeepetit (Aimee Petit is my nom de plume).


The other story I've been wanting to write is about William Barrett Travis and his fiancĂ©e, Rebecca Cummings. Most everyone has heard of Travis; commander of the Alamo during the siege (and then slaughter) by Santa Ana's troops in 1836. What most everyone does *not* know is that Travis was engaged to be married a second time when he left for the Alamo. Most people have never heard of Rebecca Cummings. I want to tell her story, what it was like to live, love, and lose someone to the Alamo. It would also be a work of fiction in that very little is actually known about Rebecca, but the events surrounding the Alamo are well documented, so there'd be a tad bit of a history lesson in there too.

Feel free to state your opinion in the comments. Either way, I'm doing NANOWRIMO (National Novel Writing Month - sign up here! https://nanowrimo.org/sign_up ). Just let me know which story you're more interested to read come December! :-)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment