Archives

Friday, November 15, 2013

NaNoWriMo - half way there!

So maybe a few of you noticed that I haven't been blogging at all lately.  No?  Okay. 

I *am* blogging today to mark the half-month point of National Novel Writing Month (otherwise known as NaNoWriMo, for those who didn't know - and yes, my nom de plume is Aimee Petit). I have finally decided to write my historical romance/fiction about Lt. Col. Wm. B. Travis, commander of the Alamo at the time of its fall in 1836 (see THIS post for more info on that).

But that's not why I'm bugging you. I'm bugging you to ask for your support. I, personally, would love a cheerleader or two encouraging me to finish this book - or, at the very least, get it up to 50,000 words by the end of the month.

However, the people at NaNoWriMo need financial support to keep their programs going. I'm proud to sponsor the YOUNG READERS PROGRAM, and I hope you will be too.

If you are then so inclined, please follow this link: My NaNoWriMo fundraiser page. Donate a few dollars to support writing programs for young'uns. Learning to use language to convey stories, using imagination to create characters and settings, and simply getting kids to write at all are more than worthy goals.

Thank you for your time. I now return you to your regularly scheduled chaos.



"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Found on Brainy Quotes
 
"I wrote my first novel because I wanted to read it."
Also found on Brainy Quotes


No comments:

Post a Comment