Archives

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Feelin' old again...

... I just can't wait to stop feelin' old again... (with apologies to Willie Nelson)

Nothing says you're getting old like your physical therapist suggesting that you might want to try walking with a CANE. Good gawd. He gave me a few exercises to do, said to keep up the glucosamine and Naprosyn, and then suggested the cane.

So okay, I got one. Kinda pretty, nice blackish/bluish/swirly colors. I have to admit, it is definitely easier to get around with it. It's also making that total hip replacement surgery look good. You know I'm in trouble if I'm seriously considering major surgery, what with my normal complications (long story - ask at your own risk).

The good news is that I may have won tickets to see "Phantom of the Opera" on Broadway! I'll be in the NYC/PA/NJ/DE area for three weeks from late June into early July. Any old friends want to get together, don't hesitate to send an email. I'd love to catch up with you all.

Oh, and I just might be in the NY Times today. Look for an article by Peter Eavis on the housing market. Not only was I one of the people he interviewed, they sent a photographer out to the house too! My fifteen minutes of fame await me...

My Sunday is going to consist of NASCAR, more NASCAR, laundry, and the Tony Awards. Exciting, I know. I'll need to take a chill pill just to handle all of the thrills and chills. Especially the laundry (that spin cycle can be a real bitch...).

Take care, have fun, be safe. Don't drink and drive. Don't text while driving. Watch out for motorcyclists. Wear sunscreen. Give out hugs freely to all who'd like one. Ditto for smiles. Heck, give out smiles anyway - can't hurt, right? Remember to play with your pets, those loyal, loving little (or not so little) balls of fur. Take a nap (but NOT while driving). Go ahead and have some ice cream, even if you have to spend a little more on sugar-free and/or fat-free. There are some really good ones out there. Really.

May you benefit from my font of wisdom and have a fantastic summer. Don't worry, I'll be checking in, and you're always welcome to check on me first if you really want to know what's going on.

Meanwhile, it's back to my rocking (reclining) chair and my crochet work for me. Latest blankie here(bright yellow, deep purple, light yellow, lilac):

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment