Archives

Monday, April 29, 2013

I'm on a roll...

Usually, my luck isn't very lucky. I almost never win anything. Ever.

So do you remember back at the end of February when I won the three-day passes to the NASCAR race here in Vegas? I loved every minute of it, and figured surely, this is as good as it gets.

[edited to add: I also won those tickets to hear Michael Franzese speak at the Mob Museum!]

Well, a few weeks back I found out that I also won... <drum roll please>

Sheriff Lamb's hat!


I even got an autographed thank you note from Dennis Quaid, hand-written on Sheriff's Office letterhead.

I'm a big fan of the show "Vegas". Partly because I live here. Partly because I'm old enough to remember Dan Tanna and his Thunderbird. Partly because I'm a Dennis Quaid fan.

Most of all, I love anything set in or around ranches, ranchers, horses, cowboys... you get the picture. This show has it all.

So here's a couple of (not so good) shots of the hat - first on my son:

 
...and then me.
 
 
The hat will now stay in the display case (as pictured above)
with the framed autograph on the wall above it.
 
Now if only Dennis Quaid had come with the hat...     ;-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment